|Pushback AIPAC this March: Take Action!|
|Written by Administrator|
|Monday, 05 March 2012 01:02|
AIPAC (the America Israel Public Affairs Committee), a powerful lobby in DC, is meeting in Washington DC the first week in March. With connections to big money, AIPAC is able to buy US foreign policy on behalf of a foreign government and our politicians in Congress are only too happy to sell … with disastrous consequences. AIPAC is Exhibit A on the harmful influence of money on our political system.
What is AIPAC’s agenda? Military intervention in Iran, continued $3 billion per year in military aid to Israel at the expense of the US taxpayer, and shielding Israel from any pressure or accountability for Israeli settlement-building and human rights abuses in the Occupied Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza.
NO WAR on IRAN! PEACE in PALESTINE/ISRAEL
Help us Mikecheck AIPAC!
Take One or All of these actions.
1. 1. Say No to War with Iran: Send a quick message to your Senators in opposition to Senate Resolution 380 which would pave the way for military intervention in Iran.
(EASIEST) TAKE ACTION: http://capwiz.com/fconl/issues/alert/?alertid=61041011
CLICK "Read More" for more actions.
2. 2. Spread the Word: Post about AIPAC and the Occupy AIPAC actions on Facebook. Educate your friends and the general public about AIPAC. Check www.occupyaipac.org for plenty of info.
3. 3. Write a Letter to the Editor/ Op-Ed Piece to your local newspaper expressing your concerns about AIPAC’s agenda and its undue influence on our foreign policy. Be sure to mention your Congressman’s position. Contact Carolina Peace is you are willing to put your name to an such a letter/article: info @ Carolinapeace.org SUBJECT “Pushback AIPAC”
4. 4. Write a Hand-written letter to your Congressman’s local office expressing your concerns about AIPAC’s agenda and influence on Congress. Find out what positions your Senators and Representatives have taken on Israel/Palestine with this Report Card from the US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, http://www.endtheoccupation.org/section.php?id=398 Praise or criticize them accordingly. Contact Carolina Peace for “talking points” and more guidance. info @ Carolinapeace.org SUBJECT “Pushback AIPAC”
5. 5. Email/call your Congressman’s office and express your concerns about AIPAC’s Agenda.
6. 6. Meet with Congressman’s local office and express your concerns about AIPAC’s Agenda. Carolina Peace will help you connect with other nearby constituents who can go with you in a small group to meet with your local Congressman's office.
CONTACT Carolina Peace for guidance and assistance. Report your good work so we keep track of how effective "Pushback AIPAC" is.
info @ carolinapeace.org SUBJECT “Pushback AIPAC” or Peaceline (803) 216-1448 (Leave message)
More on AIPAC’s Agenda:
1. Military intervention/war with Iran over its nuclear program. Read more about “AIPAC and the Push Toward War” In this article from the Atlantic Monthly. http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/02/aipac-and-the-push-toward-war/253358/
2. Continued $3 billion per year in military aid to Israel. One quarter of this money is a direct transfer from US taxpayers to the Israel’s economy. Meanwhile, we desperately need to bring that money home and use it to balance our budget and shore up America’s economy. South Carolina taxpayers bill for Israeli military aid? $222 million over 10 years. More info including how much your city, congressional district in paying for military aid to Israel: www.aidtoisrael.org
3. Shielding Israel from any pressure or accountability for Israeli settlement-building and human rights abuses in the Occupied Palestinian West Bank, East Jerusalem and Gaza. Jimmy Carter and Archbishop Desmond Tutu have criticized Israeli policy in the West Bank as apartheid. The US has long criticized Israeli settlement building, but there have been no consequences for Israel and the colonization presses on unabated. The US continues to arm Israel despite its human rights record in violation of the Arms Export Control Act. Israel’s settlement-building and human rights abuses are the chief obstacle to Mideast Peace. Amnesty’s Report: http://www.amnesty.org/en/region/israel-occupied-palestinian-territories/report-2011
|Last Updated on Friday, 16 March 2012 06:37|