The Carolina Peace Resource Center is offering Spring 2019 Organizing Internships. Interested in learning all the angles of an activist non-profit organization? Want to work on cutting the military budget, mideast peace or nuclear issues? Do you have a passion for non-violent social change? Then this internship is for you. USC Students can earn 3 credit hours for a semester-long internship. We are specifically looking for interns to work on Refugee/Immigration Issues and US Foreign Policy/Southwest Asia. Carolina Peace offers internships in the Fall and Spring.
Applications being considered on a rolling basis… please contact David at david [@] carolinapeace.org to inquire if we are still taking applications for upcoming Fall or Spring internships.
Organizing Internships* Important Information
- Open to students and non-students.
- $500 Stipend
- 5-10 hours per week
- Up to 3 USC Credit Hours (50 hours of internship work per credit hour). We will pursue credit for students at other educational institutions but can make no promises of credit hours.
- Internship will be a combination of issue focus and general work. We will consider issue focus areas in addition to the ones listed above.
- We attempt to tailor internships to your interests and skills, so don’t be bashful about your interests.
APPLICATION: 2 Items
- Short essay (a few paragraphs, no more than one page) describing your qualifications and interests. Can include what you would like to learn/ what issues you would like to work on and how.
- Completed Survey Complete the following Google Form survey: https://goo.gl/forms/5ht666mWdGcK3QZm1
Submit Short Essay to: david [@]carolinapeace.org
Carolina Peace offers internships in the Spring and the Fall.
For more information on applying for these internships, contact:
Carolina Peace: david[@]carolinapeace.org / Peaceline (803) 216-1448 (Leave a message)