The Carolina Peace Resource Center is offering Spring 2018 Organizing Internships. Interested in learning all the angles of an activist non-profit organization? Want to work on cutting the military budget, mideast peace or nuclear issues? Do you have a passion for non-violent social change? Then this internship is for you. USC Students can earn 3 credit hours for a semester-long internship. We are specifically looking for interns to work on Peace Issue, Environmental issues and Social Justice issues. Carolina Peace offers internships in the Fall and Spring.
Applications being considered on a rolling basis… please contact David at david [@] carolinapeace.org to inquire if we are still taking applications for upcoming Fall or Spring internships.
Organizing Internships* Important Information
- Open to students and non-students.
- $500 Stipend
- 5-10 hours per week
- Up to 3 USC Credit Hours (50 hours of internship work per credit hour). We will pursue credit for students at other educational institutions but can make no promises of credit hours.
- Internship will be a combination of issue focus and general work. We will consider issue focus areas in addition to the ones listed above (e.g. Environment & Clean Energy, Immigration Justice, etc. etc.)
- We attempt to tailor internships to your interests and skills, so don’t be bashful about your interests.
APPLICATION: 2 Items
- Short essay (a few paragraphs, no more than one page) describing your qualifications and interests. Can include what you would like to learn/ what issues you would like to work on and how.
- Completed Survey Complete the following Google Form survey: https://goo.gl/forms/5ht666mWdGcK3QZm1
Submit Short Essay to: david [@]carolinapeace.org
Carolina Peace offers internships in the Spring and the Fall.
For more information on applying for these internships, contact:
Carolina Peace: david[@]carolinapeace.org / Peaceline (803) 216-1448 (Leave a message)